Source : http://peacequarters.com/7-spiritual-thoughts-make-day-better/
Embarking on the path to spirituality may not be the easiest but is certainly is the most fulfilling. People have difficulties embracing their inner spirituality because the everyday stressors get the best of them and finding peace and happiness in the little joys of life can seem like a lot of work, and results don’t seem all that gratifying. The thing that people fail to understand is that spirituality doesn’t simply happen overnight. It’s a step-by-step process; there are ways through which you can get more spiritual everyday.
1. “A single day is enough to make us a little larger or, another time, a little smaller.” ― Paul Klee
We should make the most of the days that pass by, because every day you sit around being sad or blue, is a day wasted. Take it upon yourself to do something different everyday, something that makes you feel happy and blessed for the life that you have, and one of these days you will find your calling.
2. “Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.” ― Brian L. Weiss
Living in the past is the worst thing we can do to ourselves and the people around us, because there is nothing we can do to change it and feeling remorse and regret just brings out the negativity within us that with a spiritual mind can be completely suppressed. So let go the person that you used to be and embrace the person that you are now for a satisfying today and even better tomorrow.
3. “How hurtful it can be to deny one’s true self and live a life of lies just to appease others.” ― June Ahern
Spirituality is all about individuality and being your raw, unfiltered self and be proud of it, because if you hide behind a shadow of someone you are not, you will never be able to discover your definition of spirituality. Pleasing the people around you will not make you happy; you will only respect yourself less. So be who you are and don’t deny the world of the marvels that you have to offer.
4. “When you do what you fear most, then you can do anything.” ― Stephen Richards
Fear can be the most destructive feeling one can experience because if you’re too afraid to take actions in your life you won’t be able to live up to your potential and achieve your goals. Self-actualization is a very crucial stop on the road to spirituality. One has to be content with himself and his achievements to be able to find happiness. So the best thing to do is overcome your fear, and once you’ve done that, the journey becomes a whole lot easier.
5. “Happiness comes from within. It is not dependent on external things or on other people. You become vulnerable and can be easily hurt when your feelings of security and happiness depend on the behavior and actions of other people. Never give your power to anyone else.” ― Brian L. Weiss
Friends, family and peers are important in a person’s life, they act as a support system and people you can share your happiness and sorrows with. However, relying on them to make you happy is not a wise thing to do because only you are in control of your emotions. No matter how wonderful your support system is, they cannot do anything for you if you are not satisfied with who you are and the life that you have built for yourself. If you don’t like something, change it, don’t expect your friends to make you feel better about your situation.
6. “When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.” ― Stephen Richards
One must know himself, his strengths and weakness in order to be able to understand what brings him joy and the things that bring him down. Therefore it is important for one to be in touch with himself through solitude and meditation. Once you are able to understand yourself completely, only then can you delineate happiness and spirituality for yourself.
7. “The spiritual life does not remove us from the world but leads us deeper into it” ― Henri J.M. Nouwen
People believe that in order to get in touch with our spiritual self, we need to let go off our connection with the world and embrace solitude. This is a misconception; spirituality is achieved by being able to live out your relationships with your people, and with yourself. It makes you more consciously aware of your surroundings so you become more observant and involved in your happiness and the world around you.